The project HOPES (Higher and Further Education Opportunities and Perspectives for Syrians), funded by the EU’s Regional Trust Fund in response to the Syrian Crisis, the ‘Madad Fund’ and implemented by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), British Council, Campus France and Nuffic, is pleased to launch the third intake of its scholarship program for refugees from Syria in Jordan and young people in host communities in partnership with UNHCR’s Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee initiative (DAFI).
The program provides refugees of post-secondary age from Syria and young people in host communities in Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, and Egypt with the opportunity to access Higher Education in the host countries and to contribute in the preparation of the post-crisis reconstruction of Syria.
The third intake of the HOPES scholarship program offers scholarships for graduate students (Master’s degrees) who are in the last year of their studies. The sponsorship will cover a maximum period of one year, i.e. from September 2018 until August 2019.
To be eligible for application, a candidate must:
- be Jordanian,
- be under 32 years of age,
- have successfully completed a bachelor degree from a recognized University with at least a good average.
- have no other financial means of support for obtaining the Master’s degree and is currently receiving support from the National Aid Fund.
- not be a current beneficiary of any other academic scholarships,
- be a current MA/MSc student with a good average and have one year left for graduation (i.e. must be in the stage of writing a thesis or taking the comprehensive exam).
- Women are especially encouraged to apply.
- Students, who have already registered and paid for the first semester of the academic year 2018/2019 and got an acceptance, will be reimbursed.
The HOPES scholarship covers the following:
- Annual registration/tuition fees for the academic year 2018/2019.
- Monthly living allowance covering basic expenses, such as food and local travel until graduation or the end of the scholarship period.
Required Documents for Application:
- HOPES scholarship application form. The form is available electronically on the hopes-madad.org website or can be found as a hard copy at HOPES office in Amman (see below the address).
- Copies of High School Diploma, Bachelor degree certificates and transcripts of recent Master studies.
- Recommendation letter from the supervisor (for thesis stream students), or from the head of the department (for comprehensive stream students), stating the proposed date of graduation.
- Thesis timeline or proposed date of the comprehensive exam.
- Recent photograph.
- Copy of the Identification Card.
- Copy of the National Aid Fund card.
- Originals must be shown to the HOPES selection committee during the interview if the student is shortlisted
The selection process normally involves several steps:
- Applications are received until 29 June 2018 and assessed for compliance with the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates who meet the basic criteria are screened in line with the requirements and priorities outlined in the eligibility criteria.
- Shortlisted candidates are invited for an interview by the panel on the 5th and 6th of August 2018.
- Selected candidates are informed of the selection committee’s decision by telephone and in writing.
Please note: travel expenses for attending the interview cannot be covered.
After filling the application, kindly send us your application form with the requested documents.
Submission can be done either:
Electronically as a soft copy to the following email address:
By submitting hard copies to any of the following locations:
- HOPES office in Amman:
Jubeiha, Next to University University of Jordan’s Northern Gate,
2nd Investment building, 4th floor.
Hours of receiving applications: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
or by making an appointment via: 06 535 8457 / 079 289 5125
- UNHCR office in Amman, Khalda
Please note that you may only submit ONE application – either electronically or in hardcopy!
For inquiries about the HOPES scholarship, please contact us through:
- E-mail: Scholarships@hopes-madad.org
- Telephone No: 06 535 8457- 079 289 5125 (from 10:00 am till 3:00 p.m)