EDU-SYRIA III program for graduate studies is a component of a larger project with eight other programs. It is funded by EU and implemented by the DAAD as part of a consortium led by the German Jordanian University (GJU) with a mission to fund talented vulnerable Jordanian youths and develop them further by providing them with rewarding opportunity to study to obtain a master’s degree. Therefore, they have the ability to lead and advance their career and consequently better productive livelihood. This program offers up to (20) master’s degree scholarship opportunities for Jordanians at the Jordanian University of Science and Technology (JUST) in specific fields, starting the first academic semester 2021/2022.
The deadline for submission of applications is June 15th 2021.
- Support from the Scholarship Program
- The scholarship will cover the tuition and registration fees for a maximum of four semesters.
- One-time allowance (a stipend) will be awarded on a semester by semester base to cover basic expenses such as books.
- Scholarship recipients will receive counselling and advice throughout the program of study.
- Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the scholarship, the applicant shall meet the following:
- Be a beneficiary of one of the following: National Aid Fund (NAF), Tkiyet Um Ali Fund (TUAF), Al-Aman Fund (AF), Zakah Fund (ZF).
- Being not older than 28 years of age at the start date of the intended master’s degree program.
- Having obtained an at least “Very Good” or higher, Grade Point Average (GPA) for the undergraduate degree.
- Priority will be given to applicants who submit a valid National Exam result with the application.
- Women are encouraged to apply.
- Persons with special challenges/ needs are encouraged to apply.
- No work experience is required.
- Applicants who are already enrolled in a master’s program or have another scholarship, or dropped out from EDU-SYRIA scholarship programs cannot be taken into consideration and will be excluded from the selection.
- Application and Required Documents
The applicant has to prepare and submit the following documents:
- Completed scholarship application form, which is available at www.edu-jordan.eu through this URL: https://edu-sys.eu/EduSyriaScholarship/EduSyria/Login
- A copy of the applicant’s National ID.
- A copy of the applicant’s high school diploma (Tawjihi or equivalent).
- A copy of the bachelor’s degree certificate (Note: If the applicant has not got a bachelor’s/undergraduate degree by the scholarship application deadline, please submit the certification from the university confirming the intended graduation date)
- A curriculum vitae (CV)/resume in English that outlines educational background and research experience, if any.
- A recent photograph.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit an English Language Proficiency test such as the Jordan English National Exam. It is not required though at this stage.
- Supported Field of Study and Corresponding Universities
Obtained admission for a master’s program will be accepted as long as it was granted by the Jordanian University of Science of Technology in the corresponding fields of studies, please refer to the below link (https://bit.ly/3xGdupS) for those disciplines and schools.
- Selection Process
The selection process consists of two rounds:
- Round 1: Initial Application Screening
After the scholarship application deadline, the Program will conduct an initial eligibility screening to ensure that the applications meet all the basic pre-determined requirements. After that, the Scholarship Selection Committee will review the applications and select the most suitable candidates for the interview round.
- Round 2: Interview
The Scholarship Selection Committee will conduct the Interview Round using a blend of Arabic and English; the interview will last up to 30 minutes for each candidate via teleconference, or face to face, depending on the health situation.
After the Interview round, the final decision will be made, and the DAAD will apply for those selected to be admitted to the Jordanian University of Science of Technology, to the master’s program of their choice.
Note: Applicants who have already obtained an admission offer from the Jordanian University of Science of Technology to study one of the supported fields do need to continue the admission application process along with submitting the required documents.
All applicants to the Scholarship Program will be notified of final results.
- Selection Criteria:
The application and selection process of EDU-SYRIA III Graduate Studies program is open, competitive, transparent, and free of charge. Members of the Selection Committee are prominent professors in various fields of science and technology and humanities. Applicants do not need to pay any fees to anyone in order to apply for the scholarship. Scholarship recipients are selected based on vulnerability and individual merit, including academic performance, preparation, intellectual capability, potential, courage/resilience, and commitment to contribute to the development of humanity, science, and technology.
- Scholarship Conditions
Applicants must fully meet the application requirements of the scholarship. During the study program, applicants must meet the minimum academic requirements determined by the program as well as report their academic performance and research progress periodically to the Scholarship Program.
- How to Apply
The application form is available through this https://edu-sys.eu/EduSyriaScholarship/EduSyria/Login
For further information about the EDU-SYRIA III Graduate Studies Scholarship Program, please contact the Scholarship Program via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (+962) 0790723870 from 9:00 morning to 1:00 afternoon.
DAAD office Amman – Jordan
Next to North Gate – University of Jordan
2nd. Investment Building –4th. Floor
Ahmed Al-Tarawneh Street, Jubeyha
Amman – Jordan
VERY IMPORTANT: Please check carefully the eligibility requirements listed above and submit the application before the application deadline. All the scholarship recipients must abide by all regulations and requirements of the Program, or else the scholarship will be revoked.
EDU-SYRIA III is the fourth in the series of educational-oriented projects. The European Union Regional Trust Fund (EUTF-MADAD) fully funds this project under a larger umbrella of “Support to Higher Education for Syrian Refugees and Vulnerable Jordanian Youths-EDU-SYRIA/Jordan III” over the next four years. The overall objective of this project is to “improve livelihood options through higher educational opportunities for Syrian refugees and vulnerable host community youths in Jordan”. The project is composed of eight components that are all within the scope of higher education. Graduate Studies Scholarship Action is one of those.
The project is managed by GJU in partnership with Jordan University of Science and Technology, Yarmouk University, Mutah University, Zarqa University, Luminus Technical University College, in addition to the new partners: DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service), Nuffic (The Dutch Organisation for Internationalisation in Education), and Queen Rania Teacher Academy. The Project also cooperates with Jordanian aid funds: National Aid Fund, Tkiyet Um Ali, Al-Aman Fund, and Zakat Fund.