The registration period ended.
The EDU-SYRIA/EDU-JORDAN programme – funded by EU through the regional trust fund in response to the Syrian crisis: the EU ‘Madad’ Fund – announce that the door is now open to apply for Master’s scholarship for vulnerable Jordanian youths ( the beneficiaries of: National Aid Fund (NAF), Tkiyet Um Ali Fund, Al-Aman Fund and Al- Zakah Fund), for the academic year 2020/2021.
EDU-SYRIA/EDU-JORDAN programme for graduate studies is a component of the larger project “Support to Higher Education for Syrian Refugees and Vulnerable Jordanian Youth”, that has eight other programs, is implemented by DAAD as part of a the project’s consortium led by the German Jordanian University (GJU).
The programme mission to fund talented vulnerable Jordanian youths and develop them further by providing them with rewarding opportunity to study to obtain a master’s degree. Therefore, they have the ability to lead and advance their career and consequently better productive livelihood.
The deadline for submission of applications is extended to July 18th, 2020
1. Support from the Scholarship Program
- The scholarship will cover the tuition and registration fees for a maximum of five semesters.
- One-time allowance (a stipend) will be awarded on a semester by semester base to cover basic expenses such as books.
- Scholarship recipients will receive maximal support throughout the program of study.
2. Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the scholarship, the applicant shall meet the following:
- Be a beneficiary of one of following: National Aid Fund (NAF), Tkiyet Um Ali Fund, Al-Aman Fund, Al- Zakah Fund.
- Not over 28 years of age at the start date of the intended master’s degree program.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of the undergraduate degree in the relevant program must be at least “Good” or higher.
- Women are encouraged to apply.
- Persons with special challenges/special needs are encouraged to apply.
- No work experience is required.
- The applicant who is already enrolled in a master’s program has another scholarship, or dropped out from EDU-SYRIA scholarship programs, will be immediately excluded from the scholarship.
3. Application and Required Documents
The applicant has to prepare and submit the following documents:
- Completed scholarship application form, which is available at the registration portal through this link, by creating an account
- A copy of the applicant’s National ID.
- A copy of the applicant’s high school diploma (Tawjihi or equivalent).
- A copy of the bachelor’s degree certificate (Note: If the applicant has not had a bachelor’s/undergraduate degree by the scholarship application deadline, please submit the certification from the university confirming the intended graduate time.)
- A curriculum vitae (CV)/resume in English that outlines educational background and research experience, if any.
- A statement of purpose (letter of intent).
- Choice of university and discipline (from the link below).
- A recent applicant’s photograph.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit an English Language Proficiency test such as TOEFL or IELTS or Jordan English National Exam. It is not required though at this stage.
4. Supported Field of Study and Corresponding Universities
Obtained admission for a master’s program will be accepted as long as it was granted by the following universities:
- German Jordanian University
- Mu’tah University
- Yarmouk University
- Jordanian University of Science of Technology
- Selection Process
5. The selection process
Round 1: Initial Application Screening :
After the scholarship application deadline, the Program will conduct an initial eligibility screening to ensure that the applications meet all the minimum, pre-determined requirements. After that, the Scholarship Selection Committee will review the applications and select the most suitable candidates for the interview round.
Round 2: Interview
The Scholarship Selection Committee will conduct the Interview Round using a blend of Arabic and English and last up to 30 minutes for each candidate via teleconference or face-to-face if circumstances permit.
After passing the Interview Round, candidates who have not had a letter of admission from any targeted universities, DAAD will apply for them to be admitted in the targeted university/field of study master’s program of their choice (for the supported fields please click here).
Note: Applicants who have already obtained an admission offer from a targeted university to study one of the supported fields do need to continue the admission offer application process along with submitting the required documents.
All applicants to the Scholarship Program will be notified of final results.
The application and selection process of EDU-SYRIA III Graduate Studies program is open, competitive, transparent, and free of charge. Members of the Selection Committee are prominent professors in various fields of science and technology and humanities. Applicants do not need to pay any fees to anyone in order to apply for the scholarship. Scholarship recipients are selected based on vulnerability and individual merit, including academic performance, preparation, intellectual capability, potential, courage/resilience, and commitment to contribute to the development of humanity, science, and technology.
Applicants must fully meet the application requirements of the scholarship. During the study program, applicants must meet the minimum academic requirements determined by the program as well as reporting their academic performance and research progress periodically to the Scholarship Program.
6. How to Apply
Application form is available through this link
For further information about the EDU-SYRIA III Graduate Studies Scholarship Program, please contact the Scholarship Program via email at email@example.com or call (+96) 0790723870 from 9:00 morning to 1:00 afternoon.
DAAD office Amman – Jordan
Next to North Gate – University of Jordan
2nd. Investment Building –4th. Floor
Ahmed Al-Tarawneh Street, Jubeyha
Amman – Jordan
VERY IMPORTANT: Please check carefully the eligibility requirements listed above and submit the application before the application deadline. All the scholarship recipients must abide by all regulations and requirements of the Program, or else the scholarship will be revoked.