The EDU-SYRIA/EDU-JORDAN programme -funded by EU through the regional trust fund in response to the Syrian crisis: the EU ‘Madad’ Fund, and managed by the German Jordanian University- announce that the door is now open to apply for 150 scholarships to study for “Teacher Education Professional Diploma” at the Queen Rania Teacher Academy, for Jordanians for the academic year 2020/2021.
EDU-SYRIA/EDU-JORDAN programme is part of the EU-funded project “Support to Higher Education for Syrian Refugees and Vulnerable Jordanian Youth” that will give young students the opportunity to pursue higher education (bachelor and master levels), or vocational education, or technical training, or Teacher Education Professional Diploma, or to participate in special entrepreneurial training or labor market oriented courses as well as summer programs for high school students. The EDU-SYRIA scholarship project led by the German Jordanian University and in partnership with multiple institutes has awarded over 1800 scholarships so far, and targets to provide 3000 scholarships by the end of the project.
The Admission will close on 30 September 2020.
The registration period extended to Thursday 15 October 2020.
1. Scholarship applicant needs to meet the following requirements:
- An applicant must be Jordanian.
- The applicant should be a beneficiary of one of the following Organizations:
- National Aid Fund
- Tkiyet Um Ali
- Al-Zakat Fund
- Al-Aman Fund
- The applicant should hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a minimum average of good.
- The applicant shouldn’t be employed
- The applicant must be 28-year-old or younger.
- The applicant must have a good command of both written and spoken Arabic (for non-English Subject applicants).
- Eligible candidates will take an admissions subject content test administered by QRTA.
- Successful candidates will be invited to QRTA for selection day that includes a personal interview, subject and group tasks.
- Candidates applying to English major should pass the English placement test
2. Additional Requirements (Criteria for Selection):
- Must have the will and passion to further enhance the quality of education in Jordan.
- Must have a passion for the teaching profession.
- High level of subject knowledge and the ability to use technology within their subject area.
- Enthusiasm and interest in teaching their subject to students in grades 4 and above.
- Ability to reflect creatively and critically.
- A positive attitude to, and involvement with young people, and an understanding of the importance of establishing respectful, supportive and constructive relationships with students.
- High expectations of children and young people, and a commitment to their achievement.
- A sense of the scope of a teacher’s professional skills and responsibilities.
- The ability to cope well in a highly pressurized and demanding context.
- A commitment to collaboration and co-operative work with colleagues.
- A commitment to teaching and to the pre-service diploma.
- Willingness to work adopt their planning and teaching with special needs students and cater to their learning needs.
- A commitment to equity in education and inclusive learning
3. Subjects Offered:
- Early Grade
4. Diploma Program Duration:
- The Program is full time study for 9 months.
5. Language of Instruction
- Arabic and English
6. How to Apply:
- create an account on the scholarships registration portal, from this link
- enter all your information correctly
- Log in to the system
- Select “Teacher Education Professional Diploma” form the scholarships list
7. For more information and assistance:
- please call 06-5507988 , 06- 5507999
- or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Admission will close on 20 September 2020
- For more information about the diploma and its requirements visit Queen Rania Teacher Academy website: https://qrta.edu.jo/en