EDU-SYRIA scholarship programme, funded by the EU Regional Trust Fund in Response to the Syrian Crisis, the ‘Madad Fund’, is looking to recruit a Quality Assurance Officer.
EDU-SYRIA/EDU-JORDAN program is a series of EU-funded projects through the EU Regional Trust Fund in Response to the Syrian Crisis (Madad Fund), to support higher education for Syrian refugees and vulnerable Jordanian youth. The programme scope of work has evolved from emergency response to provide a sustainable solution by granting youth with opportunities to pursue higher education (bachelor and master’s degrees), vocational education, technical training, special entrepreneurial training, and labor market-oriented courses, as well as summer programs for high school students.
The Quality Assurance Officer will be responsible for improving the overall quality of services provided to beneficiaries and program participants. S/he is responsible for the delivery of reporting on projects activities and deliverables. The responsibilities includes, but not limited to:
- Prepare and develop quarterly reports, annual reports, and narrative and evaluation reports as required by management.
- Write project proposals
- Providing inputs to donor reports (quarterly, interim and annual reports as required).
- Develop and operate a Monitoring and Evaluation systems to collect baseline and periodic data for tracking project performance, decision making, and measuring the lasting impact.
- Develop the qualitative measurement tools, and report on program qualitative indicators, measure the impact of services provided for beneficiaries, advise Programs managers on taking corrective actions and incorporate feedback lessons learned.
- In collaboration with the program coordinators, identify ways with which to ensure ‘qualitative’ data are reported in innovative ways.
- Collaborate with the visibility officer to inform the data to a wide audience of stakeholders (i.e. case studies, success stories, human-interest stories and examples).
- Participate in meeting at different partners.
- Support other programs and staff, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, international development, organizational development, or similar field of study. Master degree in similar field is desired.
- At least 3 Years of experience in related responsibilities.
- Experience in humanitarian organizations is a plus.
- Proven experience in quality systems, methodologies, and reporting on findings.
- Proven experience in scientific data collection and analysis process, research, social studies, and impact assessments.
- Proven experience of proposal writing, and development of Logical frameworks.
- High level of writing skills and reporting in English.
- Proven skills in partnership building in the range of humanitarian actors, including governments, UN agencies, academic institutions, national/local NGOs and community groups
- Very good to excellent knowledge of English is required.
- Competence with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong skills in communications
- Strong team player
- Sensitivity to cultural differences
- High level of initiative and problem solving ability
Working hours and Location:
The place of work is the German Jordanian University, and the working hours are 40 hours per week, from 8:00 to 16:00.
If interested please apply through: