EDU-SYRIA scholarship programme, funded by the EU Regional Trust Fund in Response to the Syrian Crisis, the ‘Madad Fund’, is looking to recruit a financial officer.
EDU-SYRIA/EDU-JORDAN program is a series of EU-funded projects through the EU Regional Trust Fund in Response to the Syrian Crisis (Madad Fund), to support higher education for Syrian refugees and vulnerable Jordanian youth. The programme scope of work has evolved from emergency response to provide a sustainable solution by granting youth with opportunities to pursue higher education (bachelor and master’s degrees), vocational education, technical training, special entrepreneurial training, and labor market-oriented courses, as well as summer programs for high school students.
The Financial Officer will join our finance team, and must be reliable and have the ability to work well within a team, yet show the maturity to work independently. The Financial Officer responsibilities includes, but not limited to:
- Perform all voucher payments, journals, and receipts.
- Perform bank reconciliation for all accounts.
- Perform internal and external transfers.
- Perform Financial Claim to partners.
- Implement financial procedures.
- Verify receipts before proceeding with the payments.
- Ensure timely payment for students and partners.
- Ensure filing of all financial documents.
- Be responsible for various month-end closing processes (e.g. ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the ledger and all supporting documentation, monthly coding checks).
- Contribute to all required audits.
- Perform variance analyses and preparing account reconciliations.
- Conduct regular visit to partner institutes
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organization to deliver desired results. The employee should have the following competencies:
- Accountability and Dependability for the quality and timeliness of work.
- Attention to detail and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks.
- Analysis data to grasp issues draw conclusions and solve problems.
- Communication in an effective manner.
- Confidence in the ability to do the job.
- Creative and innovative to provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges.
- Flexibility in adapting and working with a variety of situations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Fresh graduate.
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Analyzing skills
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Empowering and building trust
Working hours and Location:
The place of work is the German Jordanian University, and the working hours are 40 hours per week, from 8:00 to 16:00.
If interested please apply through: